3-minute walk from Nakameguro Station
on the Toyoko Line and Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line.
Please contact us on
This is an introductory guide for first time visitors to Kohmeisen.
Kohmeisen is a public bath in Naka-Meguro handed down through three generations of the same family.
It reopened in March 2014 after being fully renovated and was reborn as a new Tokyo attraction.
The orange symbol color gives the image of warm water healing everyone's spirit and body and of sunshine.
Please visit the landmark with the glowing orange sign.
- 15:00 - 25:00
- Final Admittance
- Regular Holiday/Closed
- No set holidays
- Adult (Middle School Students and above)
- Elementary School Student
- Preschool-Age Children
- ￥ 80
- Sauna Fee (With towel)
※Shampoo, body soap, etc. are not provided.
- Carbon dioxide, which is absorbed from the skin, works to lessen muscle and joint pain, neuralgia, low back pain, etc.
In addition, the weakly acidic bath has moisturizing power, the warm feeling continues long after bathing, and the hot water is gentle to the skin.
- Hot springs containing radium and radon have been used in the treatment and rehabilitation of arthritis and neuralgia.
Moreover, they are said to be effective towards a variety of conditions, such as internal disorders, skin diseases, asthma, stiff neck, etc.
- It is unusual to have open-air bath in the center of Tokyo. The open-air bath of Kohmeisen, located on the third floor terrace, is a private area completely surrounded by trees.
Please enjoy a relaxing time with the feeling of being at a hot springs resort.
- The cold-water bath at Kohmeisen is maintained in the temperature range of 18–20 °C.
The cold-water bath is recommended for shrinking the blood vessels, improving the metabolism, eliminating muscle fatigue, and increasing the effects of dieting and after sweating in the summer heat and saunas.
- Saunas have a variety of uses, such as recovery from fatigue, cosmetic effects, aid in sleeping, and anti-aging effects.
There are synergistic effects when you use a sauna and a cold-water bath one after the other.
※There is an additional fee (¥300) to use the sauna.
- The dressing room with a white motif was made to give one the simple feeling of cleanliness.
They are equipped with air cleaners, high-performance dryers, vanities, lockers, and everyone is always welcomed into a clean environment.